The number one EDA+IP vendor in our industry today is Synopsys, and their eloquent leader is Aart de Geus, so I expect that the Monday interview at #53DAC on June 6th will be well attended and worthwhile to witness in the DAC Pavilion, start time is 11:30AM, so arrive early to get a seat. One of Aart’s coined words is Technomics, the intersection of technology and economics, something quite relevant to Moore’s Law and the predictions of new silicon technology that is smaller, faster, lower power and cheaper to buy.
One of the largest booths at DAC this year is from Synopsys, and in their theatre area you will enjoy hearing topics about:
- Industry trends
- Automotive market
There are eight events that you may choose to register for and attend, many of them with partners from the foundry and IP side of the business. I’ll be attending the circuit simulation luncheon on Monday.
- Monday – June 6th
- TSMC/ARM Breakfast: Collaborating to Enable Design with the Latest Processors and FinFET Processes
- IC Compiler II Luncheon: Achieving Industry-best QoR on Advanced Designs
- Circuit Simulation Luncheon: Robust AMS Design Verification at Advanced Nodes
- PrimeTime SIG Dinner: Work Smarter with Advanced Signoff Technology
- Tuesday – June 7th
- Samsung Breakfast: Ready to Design at 10nm! Synopsys and Samsung Foundry 10nm Enablement for Tapeout Success
- Verification Luncheon: SoC Leaders Verify with Synopsys
- Custom Compiler Luncheon: Cutting Layout Tasks from Days to Hours
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Dinner: What’s Important for IoTâ€”Power, Performance or Integration… or All of the Above?
Registration is required, just click the links above to get the process started.
Technologists will want to attend the dozens of conference sessions planned for Monday through Thursday at DAC this year. These sessions are presented by engineers at companies like:
[TABLE] style=”width: 500px”
| Breker Verification Systems
| Design Rivers
| IBM Research
| Lattice Semi
| Leyden Technologies
| MIPI Alliance
| National Chiao Tung University
| Sankalp Semi
| Stanford University
Partners & Standards
No EDA or IP vendor is an island, so having partners and using standards means that your technology fits into more flows. You’ll find Synopsys at DAC collaborating with many companies: Accellera
You may have noticed the new tagline for Synopsys this year: Silicon to Software.DAC is certainly the biggest event for Synopsys on the silicon and semiconductor IP side of the business, however there are other conferences that they attend for the software side of the business.