Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Tapeout and Logistics Engineer to work in the Global Tapeout organization. The successful candidate will work with 100% quality and minimal cycle time in mind. This role requires a close working relationship with internal teams (Frame, Product Management, Release, Manufacturing, Field Application Engineers, Application Engineers, CE, etc.. ), and also directly with Foundry Customers to provide exceptional tapeout services in the increasingly complex and competitive world of wafer manufacturing. Critical duties include serving as the Customer focal point for pre-tapeout deliverables and readiness, providing guidance to Customers on tapeout tools and processes, coordination of design waiver submissions and reviews, performing logistics setups and reviews, and resolving technical issues related to design tape-outs, mask build, and early user hardware. The Product Engineer will also be responsible for working on efficiency and quality improvement initiatives (both internal and Customer facing), and must be able to effectively manage complex projects and successfully work with and across diverse Teams. Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced and quickly evolving team environment. The ideal candidate must exhibit strength in engineering fundamentals, such as semiconductor devices, and have strong problem solving, teamwork, project Management, and exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal). Design rule checking (DRC) interpretation and analysis skills are a plus.
Some weekend shifts will be required, and some night coverage may be required.
Some travel may also be required.
1. Prior experience in Product Engineering or a related field is preferred
2. Exceptional Communication Skills (written and verbal) are Required as this is a Customer Facing position
3. Prior experience working on complex projects end to end.
4. Understanding of product life cycle and work through all stages of design release process (pre tapeout, tapeout, post tapeout)is preferred
5. Ability to work in a dynamic collaborative environment which requires strong teaming skills with Customers, Engineers, Technicians, Managers, and IT
6. Interact with other GF Teams such as Frame and Fab Integration Engineers to provide Step plan/Frame and waiver solutions/options to Customers
7. Ability to solve complex technical problems and contribute to multiple projects at the same time
8. Strong ability to learn and explore new technologies, opportunities, and continuous improvement
9. Demonstrate strong analysis and problem solving skills
10. Ability to work with urgency on both tactical and strategic problems.
11. Familiarity with product layouts, kerf design, Fab processing is preferred
12. Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Minimum BE or B.Tech. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline with 3 years of Semiconductor process or related experience.
- M.Tech Degree in any semiconductor discipline such as Microelectronics or VLSI with Industrial Internship Experience is preferred
- Lean Training or knowledge of Lean Concepts
- Successful Management of Multiple Complex Projects
- Language Fluency – Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum 3 years of semiconductor process or product engineering experience
- Project Management Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Additional Language Fluency – Fluent in Chinese(Mandarin)-written & verbal
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.