Website Siemens EDA
Software Engineer – Quantitative Data Analysis and Charting
Siemens PLM is seeking a software developer to contribute to the reporting and charting team for Simcenter STAR-CCM+. The primary focus of this team is the development of cutting-edge technology allowing users to understand physics simulation results through generation of plots and quantitative analysis of data. As a member of this team you will be expected to contribute both to maintenance of existing code and development of new features based on user requests and internal ideas. All code written should be well designed, high quality, and robust. A successful candidate will report to the program manager for the Post Processing Reporting Team within the Post Processing Division in the STAR-CCM+ Platform Department.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Object-oriented programming experience in C++.
- At least one of:
o Knowledge of data visualization approaches, especially charting methodologies.
o Knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- MS or higher in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field.
- Austin, TX is the preferred work location, but we are open to discuss other sites.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with computational simulation, including CFD and FEA, and algorithms to post process simulation results.
- Knowledge of Human Computer Interaction.
- Knowledge of parallel programming in a High Performance Computing (HPC) context, particularly Message Passing Interface (MPI).
- Experience using and extending Visualization Toolkit (VTK).
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.