GLOBALFOUNDRIES seeks an experienced Package Applications Engineer/Program Manager. You will be responsible for the preparation of the quotes in response to customer requests in various packaging formats. The selected individual will assemble and lead team to address all package features. This may include: Interaction with business to ensure non-standard items are recognized as such and paid for with added ASP by the customer.
- Prepare quotes in response to the Business Unit (BU) customer requests in various package formats
- Discuss package technology with customers and GF customer interface team and work to define complete package solution to meet customer requirements
- Obtain vendor quotes for product packages: unit cost, NRE, timeline, and special circumstances such as cooperative development
- Highlight technology challenges and mitigation plans/costs/NRE
- Work with vendor to optimize our product based on some or all of the parameters key to the product – minimum cost, minimum risk, rapid delivery
- Manage development path to utilize existing GLOBALFOUNDRIES and supplier roadmap whenever possible
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Materials Science/Physics or related field, plus 9 years semiconductor packaging experience, master’s plus 6 years semiconductor packaging experience, or Ph.D. plus 3 year experience.
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility / ability to learn new systems / software / tasks
- Highly motivated individual with initiative and ability to routinely work independently
- Three years of program management experience
- Experience working with OSATs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.