Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/nvidia-employees-say-ceo-jensen-huang-is-not-easy-to-work-for-he-says-thats-how-it-should-be.20123/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Nvidia employees say CEO Jensen Huang is 'not easy to work for.' He says that's how it should be.

Daniel Nenni

Admin
Staff member

• Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang has no qualms about being a demanding leader.
  • Huang told "60 Minutes" that accomplishing "extraordinary things" required hard work.
  • The CEO is known for juggling 50 direct reports while running the $2 trillion company.
Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang has a reputation for being a formidable boss — and that's the way he likes it.

In a recent interview on "60 Minutes," Huang was unsurprised when the correspondent Bill Whitaker shared some of the words Nvidia employees had used to describe the company's chief.

"Demanding, perfectionist, not easy to work for," Whitaker said, citing people who'd worked with Huang at the software company.

Huang said those traits fitted him "perfectly."

"It should be like that," he told the outlet. "If you want to do extraordinary things, it shouldn't be easy."

Huang's approach to excellence seems to be working. Nvidia is one of just four companies in the world valued at more than $2 trillion after its stock-market value doubled in only 8 months last year.

The company's artificial-intelligence chips are considered the best in the business, and increasing demand for the futuristic tech has allowed Nvidia to essentially control the market.

Huang has previously spoken about his leadership style at the helm of the uber-successful company, telling the Stanford Graduate School of Business earlier this month that CEOs should, "by definition," have the most direct reports of anyone at a company.

He's said he handles 50 direct reports at Nvidia in order to stay up to date with what's happening at various levels of the company.

"The more direct reports the CEO has, the less layers are in the company," Huang said at the 2023 NYT DealBook Summit.

While speaking at Stanford earlier this year, the 61-year-old CEO credited his work ethic to being a dishwasher at Denny's. Huang and his cofounders came up with the idea for Nvidia over a meal at the chain breakfast restaurant.

During an appearance on the tech podcast "Acquired" last year, Huang said starting Nvidia was "a million times harder" than he'd anticipated.

"No one in their right mind would do it," he added.

In the "60 Minutes" interview that aired Sunday, Huang also addressed concerns that AI could make many jobs obsolete in the future, saying humans should continue to be "in the loop."

"Because we have good judgment," he said," "because there are circumstances the machine is just not going to understand."

Read the original article on Business Insider

Successful company leaders are demanding. Successful companies have a demanding culture. Successful teams have demanding coaches. Successful individuals are demanding of themselves and others.

If you want leaders who are not constantly pushing for success and are easy to work for, I can name 10 mediocre companies where you will fit in well.

IMO When comparing Nvidia to other companies, the CEO and the culture is the difference. Again there are lots of unsuccessful companies that will hire you if you do not like it at Nvidia (or TSMC or Apple).

Just an Opinion LOL

Successful company leaders are demanding. Successful companies have a demanding culture. Successful teams have demanding coaches. Successful individuals are demanding of themselves and others.

If you want leaders who are not constantly pushing for success and are easy to work for, I can name 10 mediocre companies where you will fit in well.

IMO When comparing Nvidia to other companies, the CEO and the culture is the difference. Again there are lots of unsuccessful companies that will hire you if you do not like it at Nvidia (or TSMC or Apple).

Just an Opinion LOL

Having done start-ups in Silicon Valley for most of my career I agree completely. I spend a lot of time with CEOs now and they make or break a company, absolutely.

Having done start-ups in Silicon Valley for most of my career I agree completely. I spend a lot of time with CEOs now and they make or break a company, absolutely.
I was visiting Nvidia with a investor client one time and after meeting with Colette (great CFO) and team (Jensen popped in to say hi), I told my client details why Nvidia is successful and the best run company in tech. Its like Intel when Grove was CEO. Work very hard. Deliver results.

Maybe it is the Jacket that makes him successful. I will buy the JH official Jacket and see LOL

Back