Job ID #: 18486
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering
Department: Central Engineering – Central Technology
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Are you a highly inquisitive person with a committed approach to improving the user experience on mobile platforms and impact future technology?
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders to define and deliver secure and efficient compute solutions for the future client devices spanning across broad market segments.
We are looking for a Staff System Analyst who understands mobile applications, computer architecture, media components, SoC design & systems knowledge to join the team.
If the challenge of working in a collaborative, fun and creative culture on state of the art technology excites you, we look forward to receiving your application!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a member of the Performance Analysis team within Central Technology. The role is to provide insights for future Arm IP when executing real mobile applications.
The role is focused on use-case analysis to help Arm understand how to deliver the performance through architectural advancements, hardware optimisations, improvements in the software stack and efficient IP configurations.
As a Staff System Analyst you will be responsible for :
DEFINING AND LEADING PERFORMANCE INVESTIGATIONS
- Development, de-composition and characterisation of workloads based on complex real-world use-cases
- Simulation of future SoC IP configurations in order to explore full system performance and to help influence partners IP selection.
- Profiling generation-on-generation performance of pre-silicon RTL to fully understand the competitiveness of Arm based devices.
COLLABORATING WITH RESEARCH, ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINEERING TEAMS ACROSS ARM
- Provide direction and mentoring to other members of your team.
What skills, experience, and qualifications are needed?
- University degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, although other disciplines will also be considered
- Background in System-on-Chip Architecture, with experience in one or more application domains (i.e. Multi-media, Processor, Video, Audio, Control).
- Knowledge of bus architectures, Quality-of-Service techniques, and memory technologies.
- RTL experience and micro-architectural knowledge at System-on-Chip or IP level.
- You should be familiar with UNIX and Perl, Python and shell scripting.
- You will possess good analytical skills, with the ability to understand and resolve complex system issues.
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure and to meet targets whilst retaining quality output. A willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges is important.
- Good interpersonal skills are vital, in particular, being able to express ideas and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks and to work unsupervised as part of a project team.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of System Verilog.
- Performance Analysis experience at System-on-Chip level, either modelling or benchmarking.
- Assembly language programming, ideally in Arm assembler.
- Programming language, such as C or C++.
Please note, this role is available in Cambridge, UK. Apply, we are willing to hear from you!
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.