Website Mentor Graphics
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the R&D people, resources and processes required to deliver new software or new releases of existing products. The Candidate should have vast knowledge of development processes and be familiar with Java and cross platform web development. The Candidate should have exceptional leadership skills to lead R&D teams (~80 people in 3 geographical locations) and to motivate the team to foster innovation, improve the product’s overall design and the velocity in the deliverables. The Candidate should also have good communication skills and ability to work in large organization.
– Manage HR aspects of workforce (i.e. hire, train, appraise, pay, reward, motivate, discipline, recommend termination as necessary, etc.)
– Manage Engineers, Developers, Team leaders and Product Management throughout organization to improve the product with a specific emphasis on usability, performance, scalability and cloud deployments.
– Technically lead and actively participate in technology evolution across multiple products
– Drive process improvements and practices
– Analyze and create project scope and milestones for the company initiatives. Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules plus supervise project status. Ensure top quality design reviews attaining business goals.
– Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company policy and standards
– Lead by example in all aspects
– Collaborate closely with management and key stakeholders
– Connect with global teams and manage cultural aspects
– Engage with Customers in escalation management and resolution
– Computer Science Degree or similar
– At least 8-10 years of experience in managing R&D of products
– Working experience in agile environment (Scrum, XP, Kanban)
– Strong technology background
– Windows/Linux knowledge
– Proficient usage of English
Advantage (nice to have):
– Czech Language (Position located in Prague, CZ)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.