Job ID #: 18266
Job Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Department: Information Technology
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
A highly motivated and experienced IT professional is required to provide Windows and Exchange Server support for Arm’s global infrastructure. Working alongside globally distributed team members and others within the IT technical teams to deliver against key responsibilities and ensure the continued availability and development of the primarily Windows-based services.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We require staff who can quickly develop a good understanding of the ARM IT infrastructure and the needs of the user base. We expect the following:
– Provide day-to-day support of ARM’s physical and virtual Windows Server, Identity and cloud environments in line with ITIL practices (incident resolution, request fulfilment, problem and change management)
– Contribute to, and take responsibility for, ongoing improvement and stability initiatives of Arm’s IT infrastructure
– Act on, and improve system monitoring and alerting to maintain the integrity of the live environment across multiple global datacentres
– Provide guidance and support on advancing legacy infrastructure towards current versions or technologies
– Maintain and update key system documentation in line with changes made
– Contribute to cross-team joint responsibilities such as IT Disaster Recovery and ensuring that regular recovery tests are performed
– Work with Service Delivery Management and the global Service Desk to provide communications to stakeholders and the general user base for both planned and unplanned system outages
– A suitable sense of ownership and responsibility in driving tasks to timely and full completion
– This position does expect after-hour, evening, and weekend coverage during planned maintenance or Incident remediation.
Essential Skills & Experience
– Relevant technical accreditation or successful completion of vendor certified training in at least one of our key technologies (Microsoft Exchange Hybrid, Microsoft Identity Manager, Microsoft Server 2016 and 2019 AGPM and DSC, Microsoft SCCM, Azure, VMWare, PRTG).
– Strong skills in all aspects of Windows Server (2008 and forward) servers, including configuration, patching and in-depth troubleshooting
– Experience dealing with Office 365 and Azure deployment, including hybrid Exchange Online.
– Good skill and experience in PowerShell
– Experience managing multi-domain AD forests, group policy
– Expert working experience in Windows DNS, DFS and DHCP
– Excellent customer service attitude, written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
– Ability to lead collaborative discussions on complex technical issues
– Excellent team working skills and experience of a virtual global team with multiple cultures
– Capacity to work quickly under pressure while maintaining standards and compliance with internal policies
– Previous experience of automating and streamlining routine maintenance activities
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– ITIL certification to the foundation level
– Experience of windows AD, DNS and DHCP.
– Experience or demonstrable understanding of Information Security and vulnerability management principles
– Good knowledge of VMware / ESXi with hands-on experience including, server consolidation, command line usage, backup and restore technologies.
– Experience on Azure IAAS and IDAAS.
– Some knowledge of Azure AD, Skype for Business, Teams
– Knowledge of Azure PAAS.
– Experience of escalating issues to vendors and driving resolution of complex, multi-team issues
– Some experience with SQL administration including permissions and schedule job
– Appliance based Load balancing management experience
– Previous experience managing systems for a highly mobile user base
– Experience in use of the Jira or ServiceNow tracking tools
– Understanding of networking protocols and experience of working jointly with network teams
Linux experience: docker, scripting
– Producing High Level Designs and Low Level Design documentation
– Good programming skills: python required
– Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking
– Hands on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools e.g. Wireshark
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.