Job ID #: 18256
Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – CPU
Department: Central Engineering – CPU Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Do you enjoy building CPU platforms using System Verilog? Do you feel stimulated by constructing tools that save you time and are used and appreciated by your colleagues? Does it give you a thrill when the platform you’ve constructed starts to execute code?
The verification software team in Cambridge is responsible for system verification of ARM CPUs and ensuring they can boot operating systems and will be able to run real software. In order to do this, we need to integrate our new CPU designs into functioning platforms running under hardware emulation. We want to grow this team with a self-starting individual who can help us develop the range of platforms we need and provide support to all of our global teams that use them.
If you enjoy getting to grips with large, complex IPs and bus protocols, we would like to hear from you. This is a phenomenal opportunity to shine as a platform specialist within an exceptionally accomplished and diverse verification team, while working alongside Arm’s world-beating CPU designers!
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, or another appropriate discipline.
Skills & Experience
We are keen to encourage candidates with the following skills to come and talk to us:
- Hardware design experience in System Verilog
- Experience in integrating large complex IPs
- Understanding of bus protocols like AMBA AXI, APB, AHB
- Experience debugging complex IP integration issues
- Expertise in early software bring-up on SoC’s
- Good understanding of CPU design
- Understanding of clocking and power domains
The following attributes will also be of interest to us:
- You understand and can use the Arm instruction set architecture
- You have experience with scripting languages such as Python
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.