At Codasip we are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative work environment. Codasippers have the freedom to explore original ideas and experiment with new techniques. We believe in the benefits of cross-departmental collaboration and encourage sharing to build awareness throughout the teams. This enables you to add value through variety in your work.
When you join Codasip, you become part of a motivated team of self-starters where your ideas are appreciated and your voice is heard. We strive to create an environment where your ambition can flourish and your career can reach new heights. So, come and join our team of architects of ambition. We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve at Codasip.
We are looking for a senior embedded software engineer to join our R&D team working on RISC-V platforms and be part of realizing a whole new paradigm in semiconductors and microprocessor design.
Codasip has a mixed capability team called the Platform Team that develops hardware and software at the systems level. These platforms are used to demonstrate our technology to customers and to help them to develop products prior to silicon production. They are also used internally to explore novel hardware architectures and validate developed IP. The Platform Team now requires a senior embedded software engineer with deep and extensive embedded programming expertise and experience.
The role will involve analyzing, architecting, and implementing software for Codasip’s hardware platforms and technologies. The scope of the work is broad, varied, and technically challenging and will include working on software projects including:
- Developing embedded software for Codasip’s embedded CPU cores: for example, writing bootloaders, porting and enhancing operating systems, writing OS drivers and libraries, and writing test and demonstration applications.
- Supporting the processor design teams with software advice and expertise to guide their microarchitectural design and optimization.
- Validating hardware and ensuring the quality of Codasip’s hardware and software deliveries.
- Exploring novel compute architectures and technologies.
- Working with the team to develop commercial-grade FPGA-based software development kits that can be used by Codasip’s customers to evaluate IP and support their pre-silicon development.
- Working with other internal teams to enhance Codasip’s Studio EDA tool.
- Supporting silicon bring-up of Codasip IP.
The role demands flexibility and lateral thinking. You will be working on both short-term customer-driven projects, as well as longer-term strategic Codasip software products.
You will act as a software technical expert within the company and will be expected to contribute expert advice to both internal and external customers. You will also be expected to spread your knowledge and experience within the team and mentor more junior team members.
While Codasip is headquartered in Europe, our approach and culture are typical of Silicon Valley, meaning that we value prudent risk taking and “out of the box” thinking. We are a well-funded scaling up company poised for dynamic growth based on our leading edge product portfolio.
RISC-V is a revolutionary technology in the semiconductor industry. This role will have high impact and visibility in Codasip and in the growing RISC-V world.
Main responsibilities include:
- Embedded software systems analysis, architecture, design and implementation
- Providing deep technical software advice and expertise
- Developing the capabilities, skills and processes within the Platform team
The core skills and competencies:
- A minimum of 6 years experience of commercial embedded systems-level software development
- Experience of Linux development (writing drivers,device tree etc)
- Knowledge of RTOS internals and writing RTOS device drivers
- Extensive C and assembly language programming experience
- Low level debugging experience and debug tools/techniques
- Experience of buildroot or YOCTO
- Knowledge of high-level hardware micro-architecture and its effects on software performance
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to work
- A desire to learn and also positively influence the technical development of others
The following skills and experience are highly desirable:
- Familiarity with FPGA technology
- Experience with RISC-V technologies
- System modeling and simulation experience
- Experience of working in a mixed hardware and software environment
- The ability to communicate effectively at both the technical and management level
- Customer-facing experience
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.