GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Hazardous Waste / DOT Specialist to execute RCRA Hazardous Waste and DOT Hazardous Materials Program as part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. As part of the Facilities Team, this person will be primarily responsible for all waste uplift and chemical deliveries associated with the FAB8 facility ensuring compliance with all EHS programs designed to insure FAB 8’s conformance to Hazardous Waste Management and shipping regulatory compliance while looking for efficiency and cost reduction opportunities associated with the programs
Primary EHS Programs include:
- Regulated Waste Program
- RCRA Tank Compliance Plan
- Regulated Waste Shipping Program
- Compliance with all regulatory waste programs
- Waste shipments ( scheduling, shipping documentation tracking, waste classification, receptacle management, budget planning and execution)
- Monitors and measures program performance
- Ensures site operational procedures are appropriate and worsl with system owners / EHS organisation to incorporate any changes in the EHS program requirements.
- Supports FAB8 programs agency interaction
- Supports Incident investigations, from the perspective of the Hazardous Waste team / compliance & disposal working with EHS / on site engineering teams – as required.
- Plans / performs inspections required by permits, registrations, plans, or regulations
- Plans & schedules Industrial chemical delivery and other supplies e..g. Waste drums/ boxes to met the factory needs
- Performs additional duties as assigned and assist other teams as required to ensure sustained operations at the FAB8 site
- (4) years of experience in the execution and administration of manufacturing site environmental, health, and safety practices, procedures, and programs
o Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or other relevant engineering degree
Experience with hazardous waste management in a manufacturing environment for a large quantity generator (LQG), including:
o Waste Characterization
o Due Diligence Assessments
o Waste Reduction and Reuse/Recycling
o RCRA Subpart BB Monitoring
o Experience with US DOT Hazardous Materials shipping regulations
o Preparation of shipping paperwork
o Bulk and container shipping requirements
o Experience writing and reviewing chemical transfer procedures
o Familiarity with spill reporting, response, and cleanup techniques
- Knowledge and work experience with EPA, NYS, Town of Malta air regulations.
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating a wide variety of technical data, test results, and reports;
- Ability to work at times with a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends and extended work days if needed.
- Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Able to wear all required personal protective clothing and equipment without restriction for normal shift (excluding breaks) including negative pressure respirators
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment without restriction for normal day shift (excluding breaks)
- Demonstrated ability to follow and write detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Demonstrated organizational skills (recordkeeping, file maintenance, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Ability to work independently without direct oversight and with a highly motivated team on related projects or assignments.
- DOT Hazmat Ground Shipper Training
- Comprehensive RCRA Training
- Familiarity with auditing for compliance
- Experience with structured problem solving techniques
- Familiarity with Google / Microsoft applications
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.