Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 10 is seeking a highly skilled, experienced, versatile and motivated Post Fab Silicon Photonic technologist in Hopewell Junction, New York. The main responsibility of this position is to develop a wide range of novel silicon photonic packaging feature & module assembly processes and to qualify advanced packaging offerings for Globalfoundries customers. You will be working with a diverse team of innovators on multiple programs along with partnering with many industry and academic partners. The scope of these solutions cover differentiated packaging techniques incorporating fiber attach, laser attach, 2D/2.5D/3D and fan-out technologies using multiple silicon technology nodes combined into heterogeneously integrated solutions.
NOTE: Your initial and temporary work location will be East Fishkill, NY. You agree that as a condition of your initial and ongoing employment with GlobalFoundries, you must relocate to another GlobaFoundries location (TBD) by the corporately-aligned date which will be on or around December 2021. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand and agree that your employment will be at-will in all respects.
- Lead process development efforts by working with expert integration and unit process engineers and directly with the tools& materials in the Packaging Differentiation Line as well as OSATs to develop new silicon photonic & heterogeneous integration packaging solutions
- Develop expertise in the processes, materials and tooling leveraging available characterization resources
- Drive mechanistic understanding of failure modes
- Develop integration schemes to continuously improve yields and to reduce cycle-time & costs. Generate IP related to novel wafer finishing & packaging technology
- Drive end-to-end process integration to enable early product prototyping and qualification across multiple programs
- Establish and maintain technical partnerships with numerous industry, consortia, and academic partners
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited College and or University in Engineering, Materials Science or Related Discipline
- 6 or More Years of Demonstrated Relevant Technical Experience
- Travel – 10%
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Master’s Degree and or PhD from an Accredited College and or University in Engineering, Materials Science or Related Discipline
- 3 or More Years of Experience in Silicon Photonic Packaging Technology
- Ability to Communicate With All Levels of An Organization
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.