Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a highly motivated Metrology Process Engineer to support and maintain Thin-films and Metrology Measurement Processes within FAB10. This position is responsible to monitor and improve the business processes and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) to achieve quality, cost and productivity requirements.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated problem solver. They will work in a dynamic and collaborative environment requiring strong teaming skills with engineers, managers, and production members.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize module unit process and equipment to meet technology (e.g., performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (e.g., process stability, cost of ownership) targets.
- Document process changes thru Process Change Review Board, including qualification plans, performance data, and process document controls.
- High level understanding of semiconductor device physics and microelectronics engineering.
- Structured risk management and problem solving skills eg. FMEA, DMAIC, 8D.
- Work with integration, characterization and the manufacturing teams to plan and execute technology development and solutions on schedule.
- Perform process matching between process tools to reduce variability. Document activities thru Review and Approval Boards.
- Analyze SPC charts using Web Based systems. Understand and Maintain SPC Control Rules.
- Review and react to Process Controls Monitors, such as Limit Validity, Route Audits, and Non-conforming events.
- Create and Update Work Instructions and deploy changes.
- Focal interface to Characterization and Integration Teams.
- Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Technology related / Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering.
- Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Semiconductor Processing.
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering
- Semiconductor experience, either thru internships or course work/labs
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills and ability to communicate well with engineering and management teams
- Understanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOD)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.