Website Siemens EDA
In 1991, Siemens Mobility laid down permanent roots in Sacramento and built a manufacturing plant that includes Engineering, Sub-Assembly, Vehicle Assembly, and Office Space. Staying in Sacramento and investing in the modernization of the building, we are committed to the community and providing skilled jobs from welding and manufacturing to engineering and project management.
Today, nearly 2,000 proud workers build and maintain light rail vehicles, locomotives, and passenger trains. Our campus is solar powered by the California sun and covers 64 acres with 13 buildings and a live test track! American workers of many skill levels have come together to serve the unique needs of the U.S. rail market. We are America’s one-stop shop for Rolling Stock vehicles and services. We’re ready to have you join our team!
As a Mechanical Assembler, you will support a range of activities in a high-energy production environment putting together the final assembly to manufacture the best rail vehicles in the world.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Mechanical assembly of components and sub-assemblies (according to engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions).
- Reading and understanding assembly drawings, bills of materials, and assembly instructions.
- Safely using hand and power tools. Some certifications may be required to operate cranes, forklifts, etc.
- Complete work order documentation, quality documents, and clock your labor hours.
- Follow all safety requirements using all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
For your safety, we require:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and communicate using the English language.
- General Mechanic background
- Understanding of metric system measurements (preferred)
Starting pay – $18.00/hr. (plus shift premium – 10% for 2nd shift, 20% for 3rd shift)
Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a background check and drug screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to climb stairs, steps, and ladders
- Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
- Perform work overhead.
- Occasionally lift and move at most 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.