Website Siemens EDA
Work as a member of the Analysis & Verification product development team (for more info on the tools we create see www. hyperlynx.com) with a specific focus on quality testing of the resulting product.
- Create and run smoke tests that can be run quickly and often to increase our ability to find new defects or regressions.
- Create test plans to exercise new product functionality manually to stress the product by investigating corner cases, misuse, error conditions, etc.
- Sponsor quality process and procedures throughout the entire product lifecycle including inspections, requirements and quality improvement.
- Develop/Enhance and maintain regression harness and automation framework required to automate testing of our products.
- Perform detailed manual tests. Escalate functionality issues and consequences to management in a timely manner.
- Provide detailed description of procedure steps to reproduce the issue and estimation of behavior with description of expected and actual results.
- Learn the product line and its environments, master new tools including third parties ones as needed.
- Record past verification and validation efforts to ensure reproducibility of results. Assess technical capability of product, including ease of use, functionality, reliability, and performance.
- Test product for defects and limitations, and boundaries.
- Review functional and design specifications and other project documentation.
- Review internal and external product and release documentation and provide appropriate input to others, e.g. documentation teams, third party providers, etc.
- Review issues from customer support when needed and provide work-around where possible.
- Coordinate efforts with extended product development and release teams
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with Emphasis on Signal Integrity/Power Integrity/EMC/RF/Microwave preferred with 2 years of industry experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of industry experience.
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of Transmission line theory, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity fundamentals •
- Experience with PCB Signal Integrity, Power Integrity and Electromagnetic simulation tools like HyperLynx SI/PI/Thermal, HyperLynx DRC, HyperLynx Fullwave Solver, SPECCTRAQuest, Power SI, Quantum Channel Designer, HFSS or HSpice
- Familiarity with EDA software, such as Schematic entry, Board layout (PCB) tools
- Familiarity with modeling languages like IBIS, VHDL, Verilog-A, SPICE
- Experience with any of the scripting languages like Python, VB Scripting, shell scripting, Perl, MATLAB
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong desire to be part of Software and EDA Industry Must have ability and desire to work within a global engineering environment, with multiple assignments and associated time frames.
- Solid communication skills are needed in order to be successful, as well as coordinating activities within a strong team culture.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.