Date: Feb 19, 2020
Location: Cambridge, GB, CB1
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Education Team develops, promotes, sells, and supports the use of Granta’s CES EduPack and GRANTA Selector software at universities and colleges worldwide. This role offers opportunities to: work with leading academics; make a real difference to materials and engineering teaching; develop your business, technical, and soft skills; strengthen your personal network; and travel.
See more: https://www.youtube.com/user/GrantaDesign
Meet the Education Team: https://grantadesign.com/education/community/meet-the-team/
- Business Development: develop and implement a plan to engage new and existing academic customers i.e. respond to enquires, network at conferences, set up meetings and training workshops at educational institutions to advocate deeper adoption and usage of Granta products. Work with ANSYS Academic Sales and ANSYS Channel Partners to setup licenses and ensure smooth license renewals
- Application Engineering: understand the institution curriculum, research, and commercial projects or collaborations in order to identify needs and propose next steps and implementation phases. Deliver technical presentations, demonstrations and application examples
- Product Specialist: stay abreast of trends for education products, interface with product managers to influence the direction of development, support internal and external technical enquiries related to the Granta products used in your territory. Organise and deliver training workshops for academics on a variety of Materials and Engineering topics
- Marketing Communication: develop a communication plan to promote Granta education products and services in your territory, help with the design and messaging of promotional material and distribution via online and offline channels
- A passion for Materials, Engineering and Education
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) in Materials Science or an Engineering subject with a strong link to materials
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Enjoys connecting people and networking
- Availability to travel regionally (up to 20% of time)
- Some experience of CES EduPack and CES Selector
- An ability to identify and develop opportunities i.e. have implemented change within an organisation with multiple stakeholders
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.