Job ID #: 18153
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Graduates
Division: Technology Services Group
Department: Technology Services People
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
The Technology Systems Group (TSG) at Arm works to ensure our engineering teams have the tools and computational resources to succeed. TSG is responsible for a range of best-in-class infrastructure elements for ensuring our designs meet our partners’ needs, from maintaining Arm’s compute cluster to deploying new methodologies.
Our team is innovating in RTL development for our hardware engineers by deploying a universal verification framework for formal methods.
At many companies you will find that central teams with formal verification expertise typically take on the role of specialist consultant verification engineers, using formal methods to verify others’ design work. At Arm, we have the pursued the exciting challenge of developing and deploying formal verification workflows which can be used by every engineer. Our team members need to be both capable engineers and good at looking after customers in the form of other Arm engineers.
You are working towards a university degree, ideally in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or other academic backgrounds would also be considered if they have the relevant skills. You should have a desire to constantly evolve a cross-disciplinary skill set, in particular:
- Design and development of workflow scripts, with result bring together and visualisation tools using big data techniques.
- Creation and delivery of training materials.
- Teamwork with RTL design and verification engineers to build new point techniques.
As a member of a small, dynamic and diverse team, you will work alongside engineers at all our design centres and supplying to the CPU, GPU and interconnect IP at the heart of Arm’s success.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
As a successful Graduate Engineer, you should be flexible with a variety of software or hardware development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge. You will have a strong interest in formal verification. You possess a research mindset that seeks to find and communicate the best answers to complex technical problems based on systematic investigation.
Essential skills and experience:
- Programming skills with scripting languages, e.g. Shell, Python, Tcl or similar.
- Great understanding of big data systems, SQL.
- Experience with code review and version control systems, e.g. git, gerrit, GitHub etc.
- Personal project work and/or contributions to open source projects
- Experience with Hardware Description Languages, including temporal assertions.
- Knowledgable in Formal Verification techniques including Model Checking.
- Familiarity with HTML, webUI.
- Independent research experience
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed during the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a real passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to craft lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.