Date: Mar 26, 2020
Location: Lyon, FR, 69001
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The testing engineer for platform tester is part of the development team delivering APIs and SDKs to enable the creation of new simulation-based applications deployed on-prem and on cloud. This role ensures that product requirements and quality standards are satisfied by using ANSYS processes and tools. The tester will contribute to the enablement of a new generation of simulation solutions. This person participates in requirements planning, design reviews and defects investigation. He contributes to evolve the testing strategies and tools to support emerging products. He supports app developers using the delivered APIs and SDKs.
- Performs feature testing and investigates possible causes of problems according to the company’s overall development and testing processes, complying with the company’s quality procedures
- Analyzes requirements and specify new tests suitable for new features within the appropriate environment
- Writes and maintains new and existing tests as necessary
- Reproduces and investigates problems reported by the users of APIs and SDKs
- Works in various computing environments: Windows, Linux, Virtual, Compute Clusters, Cloud
- Coordinates with other teams to address cross team dependencies
- Participates in the planning and implementation of testing initiatives
- Improve and deploy testing strategies and methodologies to support the team’s CI/CD objective (automation of regression tests, monitoring of test coverage, automation of test in build pipeline)
- Performs coverage analysis and takes responsibility for test coverage in specific areas.
- Works with the rest of the team to analyze the effectiveness of testing activities and methodologies and contribute to their continuous improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5 years of experience minimum, preferably in scientific/engineering software
- Experience in testing applied to web development, service oriented architecture and/or microservices
- Good computing skills with demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Skilled in problem solving and test case design and implementation.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with Development, Testing, software quality assurance and Support staff.
- A thorough and careful approach to work; close attention to detail and quality.
- Good written and oral communication skills in French and English
- Ability to work in an international environment (USA, Europe, India)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience) with 2 years of experience minimum, preferably in scientific/engineering software
- Azure Devops, DevOps, CI/CD, Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes
- Agile development processes and Test Driven Development practices
- ANSYS products, ACT extensions and wizards
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.