Job ID #: 18195
Job Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Department: Information Technology
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
In this role, individuals would be responsible with building and implementing networks and network specific tools and features to form the Arm global network. Responsible for design, implementation and early life support of network implementations that meet the business requirements and expectations of Arm and its partners. Concentrating on the stability, security, and sustainable growth of the network while supporting the day to day operations provided by the network run team helping Arm¹s organizational success and expansion.
– Responsible for the successful delivery of network build projects. To build networks and network specific tools for the Arm global network. Covering all aspects of the network WAN, LAN, WLAN, in both the DC and enterprise environments.
– Responsible for following the PMO (Project Management Organization) process for network solutions and migration projects. Example – creating HLD/LLDs.
– Accountable for working to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining a focus on quality of delivery.
– Responsible for reporting project risks, blockers, issue and progress to PMO.
– Accountable to follow the change management process for networks.
– Responsible for early life support of projects implemented.
– Responsible for network documentation, site diagrams, IPAM, rack diagrams, etc.
– Responsible to highlight areas for improvement and taking ownership where applicable.
– Responsible to highlight risks within the network domain with the appropriate priority.
– Responsible for working as a team with network engineers throughout the run, build and architecture space globally.
– Correctly communicate within IT and the wider business.
– Help support the network run team to support the Arm global network. Covering all aspects of the network. Understanding the challenges facing the operations team and working to improve.
– Be a point of escalation for the network run organisation, when required by management.
– Visibility into the incident, request, and problem management process for networks when applicable.
– Knowledge sharing within the team and wider IT.
– Provide mentoring to peers in both the run and build space.
– Help improve Arm’s network operations processes and systems.
– Help automate day to day activities where appropriate.
– Work with Arm’s core beliefs in mind.
– 5 – 10 years of experience in the enterprise networking space
– Thirsty for knowledge to better yourself and others
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Good team player
– Highly motivated, a “go-getter”
– Ability to work in a (at times) stressful environment
– Professional & constructive attitude
– Ability to work alone and together with the wider group
– Desire to always improve and move forward
– Ability to take ownership of delivery and execution
– Ability to communicate with all individuals within the organisation and adapt the language used depending on the target audience
Core fundamental network knowledge through layers 1 to 7 of the OSI Model. Focusing on –
– Firewalls (traditional layer 3,4 and next generation layer 7)
– Experience and understanding in both enterprise and data centre network segments.
– Core security understanding.
– Experience of proactively monitoring of an enterprise network. Using monitoring tools and protocols to understand and integrate the network. From security, capacity and availability perspective.
– Understanding of ITIL, including incident, request change and problem management.
– Experience working with Telecoms providers and other third party vendors.
– Experience with the Cisco product suite DNA-C, ISE, StealthWatch.
– Cisco qualifications, e.g. CCNA, CCNP
– ITIL Foundation
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.