Date: Mar 25, 2020
Location: Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team focused on the success of ANSYS’s application development for computer-aided engineering software. The Software Development Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining functionality related to the graphical user interface (GUI) for the ANSYS Mechanical APDL product line. The immediate work will be to utilize modern UI toolkits to advance the GUI infrastructure and bring new ideas and features to life. Experience in computer science and/or computer engineering is required.
ANSYS Mechanical APDL is one of the most prominent FEA software programs in engineering today. This is a great opportunity to join the global leader in engineering simulation.
- Maintain and enhance the existing functionality of the current graphical user interface
- Advance the existing graphical user interface using modern programming toolkit(s)
- Implement and expose new features developed in the ANSYS Mechanical product line into the graphical user interface
- Investigate and fix issues pertaining to the graphical user interface
- B.S. degree in Computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Experience with the Tcl/Tk and/or QT toolkits
- Demonstrated expertise in scripting programming languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and numerical methods
- M.S. degree in Computer science, computer engineers, or related field
- Experience with a configuration management software (GIT) is a plus
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to plan and complete high-quality work on schedule
- Ability to collaborate well with other team members and management
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.