Website Mentor Graphics
We are seeking an Application Support Engineer Senior to provide technical support to our customers using Mentor Graphics PCB signal integrity, simulation and modeling applications. Must be fluent in English as this position will support our North American customers.
Provide general application support and trouble-shooting/problem-solving to internal and external customers using phone, screen sharing and email.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Trouble-shoot software problems and find solutions, workarounds and communicate solutions to customers
- Document software defects in our bug-tracking database and document solutions in
- our customer-facing knowledge base. Documented solutions often require creation of short videos.
Opportunities for career growth include:
- Providing formal software application training to customers.
- Providing professional consulting to our customers on application installation and setup, creating automation scripts, validating or creating models for our analysis applications.
- Providing professional consulting delivering analysis services and/or creation of customer
- HyperLynx DRC rules
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: BSEE or MSEE. Work experience or college project experience and understanding of the PCB design process is required.
- Familiarity with any PCB design tool such as DX Designer, Xpedition, PADS, Cadence Allegro, Eagle PCB, Altium or others.
- 3 year minimum knowledge and experience required with any one or more of the following analysis tools: HyperLynx, SiSoft, ADS, Cadence Sigrity, HSPICE, LTSPICE or HFSS.
- Understanding of DDRx design principles.
- Knowledge and experience with any programming or scripting language highly desirable.
- Must have 3 years knowledge of PCB design problems such as EMI/EMC, signal integrity and power integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to contribute in a remote team environment. Ability to document procedures and debugging knowledge.
- Willingness to travel to internal meetings and customer sites.
- Requires the ability to manage and solve complex problems with minimal direction. Job will require multitasking of several complex issues at once, so prioritization ability is essential.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.