– Tsinghua $198M Bond Bust
– Good for memory: Samsung Micron LG Toshiba –
– Not good for chip equipment
– Could China Credit Crunch hit more than foundry embargo?
– Damage to China memory positive for other memory makers
– Not good for chip equip if customers can’t get money
China’s… Read More
2020 has been a NAND growth year-2021 will be the year of DRAM. While foundry logic has gotten all the credit in 2020 the reality is that NAND has been up 2X in 2020 for semiconductor equipment provider Applied Materials (AMAT). It is expected that NAND will be flat in 2021 while DRAM will take over the growth slot with foundry/logic … Read More
- Changing US administration likely positive for chips & tech
- Stepping back from the brink of a potential ugly trade war
- Likely increased Covid/tech spend- War with Big Tech is over
- Tech & Chips had a lot riding on the elections outcome
As compared to previous presidential elections, this one likely has much more impact on… Read More
- It’s reported that Intel is selling its NAND ops to SK Hynix
- Would likely get Intel out of a tough & distracting market
- Is Intel abandoning China? Like Intel’s sale of XPoint to Micron
Getting out of NAND makes sense
The memory market is very tough, competitive and worst of all, very cyclical. Unless you have an iron… Read More
SMIC Cut Off = Worst case scenario
SMIC is on US gov “no fly” list for US Equipment Companies
Will likely lead to loss of all of China- 25% to 50% of revenues
Retaliation by China will worsen situation
SMIC cut off from US technology (Chip Equip)
It has been reported in the Wall St Journal and many news outlets that the US government… Read More
Lam reported strong beat & guide, memory returns-
China trade and Covid impact near zero-
Looking at a strong H2 with WFE in mid $50B+-
Back on Cruise Control
Lam reported a great quarter, easily beating expectations coming in at $2.79B and $4.78 in non GAAP EPS-
Guide is for $3.1B +-$200M and EPS of $5.06+-$0.40-
Margins and all… Read More
- Covid related Revenue Rec causes rev/EPS miss
- Sharp order drop reflects H2 industry uncertainty
- EUV remains solid- Memory/Logic mix is better
Results were in line after correcting Covid Caused Revenue Rec issue-
ASML reported revenues of Euro3.3B and EPS of Euro1.79 as revenues from two EUV systems was not recognized, due to … Read More
Will/should others follow?
TSMC vs Intel impact?
Moving Apple’s supply chain further overseas
Apples move to self served silicon was no surprise…..
It has been speculated for years and we have talked about it many times. It makes more sense for Apple to have silicon, custom designed for their applications and products… Read More
TSMC pushing out equipment purchases
Covid/China trickles down to chip industry
SIA and SEMI ask for financial/govt help to keep up
The beginning of another down cycle?
We have heard from a number of sources that TSMC has started to push out equipment orders as concerns grow about the second half of the year.
Right now is the most logical… Read More
Hours after agreeing to build a fab in US TSMC will stop selling to Huawei- Repercussions will reverberate through all tech: Semis, semi equip, chip customers, all collateral damage.
It has been reported by Nikkei and other sources that TSMC has stopped taking orders from Huawei in order to comply with US export controls.
HUAWEI… Read More