Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 10 is seeking a highly skilled, experienced, versatile and motivated Unit Process Integrator in East Fishkill, New York. The main responsibility of this position is to develop a wide range of novel wafer level & module assembly processes in the Fab10 Packaging Differentiation Line. The scope of these processes cover wafer level bonding & thinning to assembly of die to form differentiated packaging solutions incorporating Si Photonics, 2D/2.5D/3D technologies from multiple silicon technology nodes.
Your initial and temporary work location will be East Fishkill, NY. This position will relocate to another GLOBALFOUNDRIES Location (TBD) by the corporately-aligned date which will be on or around December 2021.
- Lead process development efforts by working with the unit process engineers and directly with the tools & materials in the Packaging Differentiation Line to develop new wafer level & packaging processes
- Develop expertise in the processes, materials and tooling leveraging available characterization resources.
- Drive mechanistic understanding of failure modes
- Develop integration schemes to continuously improve yields and to reduce cycle-time & costs.
- Generate IP related to novel wafer finishing & packaging technology
- Drive end-to-end process integration to enable early product prototyping and qualification across multiple programs
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelors in Science Degree in Materials Science, Engineering Or Related Discipline
- 4 or More Years of Relevant Experience
- Travel – 10%
- Fluent in English (Written & Verbal)
- Masters in Science and or PhD Degree in Materials Science, Engineering Or Related Discipline
- Experience in semiconductor packaging technology
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.