Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 10 is seeking a highly motivated & versatile Equipment Engineer in East Fishkill, New York. The main responsibility of this position is to support the tooling platforms related to leading edge wafer level packaging development. The scope of activities cover sustaining and driving tooling refinements by working closely with the larger technical GLOBALFOUNDRIES Equipment Engineering team and with external tool suppliers.
Your initial and temporary work location will be East Fishkill, NY. This position will relocate to another GLOBALFOUNDRIES Location (TBD) by the corporately-aligned date which will be on or around December 2021
- Engineering tool support concentrating on driving advancements in wafer level packaging technology by working with the key technical experts within GLOBALFOUNDRIES Advanced Si Packaging Development team.
- Develop deep expertise in the tooling leveraging available characterization resources. Drive mechanistic understanding of failure modes
- Drive tooling improvements to continuously improve Mean-Time-To-Fail, Mean-time-to-repair and to reduce operational costs.
- Execute program plans as related to tooling advancements to enable early product prototyping and qualification. Develop novel tooling solutions to enable the technology.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or Related Discipline
- 4 or More Years of Relevant Technical Experience
- Travel – 10%
- Fluent in English (Written & Verbal)
- Masters of Science and or PhD in Engineering or Related Discipline
- Experience in wafer level packaging tooling
- Experience in semiconductor tooling
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.