This position reports into the Design Methodology group and will be part of a team that is responsible for the creation of Design Methodology solutions for a wide variety of Technology nodes. Your role is focused on the development of mmWave, SiPh solutions, methods and guidelines to help customers adopt GLOBALFOUNDRIES SiPh manufacturing technologies.
- Liaison with customers to understand design enablement requirements
- Collaborate with EDA vendors and PDK to define specs, implement, customize, and qualify SiPh design flow including but not limited to optical design schematics, simulations, mmWave layouts, waveguides and transmission lines
- Define metrics and criteria to qualify simulation software like Lumerical, Rsoft against 3D modeling software like TCAD/Sentaurus
- Develop simulation driven layout generation using SKILL, Python, R, Matlab programming
- Define and generate reference circuits to analyze critical design targets w.r.t GLOBALFOUNDRIES PDK and technology
- Develop documentation of best practices and flow training material and conduct customer training as required
- Work independently in an international team, to drive project definition, execution, and delivery
- Perform all activities and responsibilities in safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety, Security requirements and programs
- Hands on knowledge of mmWave layout, transmission lines and waveguides using Virtuoso or similar layout tools. Automated mask layout generation experience using SKILL language
- 3D modelling and simulation experience using Synopsys Sentaurus or similar TCAD software
- Experience with statistical simulation analysis using R, Matlab or Python
Strong communication skills within a global team and the ability to define and execute projects independently
- “Masters degree + 4 years” or “Bachelors Degree +6 Years” or ” Phd of relevant work experience”.
- Hands-on experience using version control software like Perforce.
- Knowledge of optical design, schematics and layouts
- Knowledge of optical simulation software like Lumerical, Rsoft
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.