This is the biggest year ever for Methodics at DAC, with lots to show, and a team of people excited to talk to customers and potential customers alike. Methodics will also be giving away Pebble Smartwatches!
Methodics theme for DAC2014 is “IP and design management done right”. A key part of this message is to show how their unique open approach which includes open interfaces, open architecture, and open data – not only helps customers and partners, but also sets them apart from the competition who focus on the traditional closed approach of EDA companies to lock customers into there solutions.
At their booth Methodics will be demonstrating ProjectIC – their lifecycle management platform, and VersIC their analog design data management platform.
For ProjectIC they will have three demos that match to the different use models of the platform:
- ProjectIC for Digital Design: Focuses on the design collaboration, release management and automatic bad release rejection aspects of ProjectIC. These capabilities of ProjectIC allow designers to focus on core elements of design without the need to become DM and release experts. Bad release rejection ensures that a bad check-in by a single designer does not stall the whole development team.
- ProjectIC for Integrators: Shows how ProjectIC simplifies complex integration of modern SoC’s containing 10’s or 100’s of IP. Ccentral and shared configurations help teams stay coordinated, while hierarchal release and bug tracking means changes to underlying IP are propagated automatically (and correctly) up the design.
- ProjectIC for Enterprise IP Management: Follows the lifecycle of an IP and shows how the ProjectIC connects IP creators with consumers. A dynamic IP catalog is seamlessly integrated into a designers workspace to show the real-time status of the IP, while IP caching builds on capabilities in the underlying DM and file systems to make all IP appear local to designers and deliver real-time workspace creation even for designs that pull IP from multiple repositories around the globe.
For VersIC they have a unified demo that shows DM and release management seamlessly integrated into the analog design environment (Cadence Virtuoso for the demo, but Synopsys Custom Designer is also supported) as well as their new verification management capabilities.
Beyond the demos, there are a number of other activities they are involved in:
- IP Track Panel Discussion– Monday 4:00pm : The panel will discuss whether next-generation highly configurable IP is breaking design and verification. Other companies in the panel are Google, Codasip, and Duolog
- Cadence Theater – Tuesday 12:30 pm : Presents how Methodics IP and design management solutions seamlessly integrate into Cadence’s analog, digital, and mixed signal design environments.
- ChipEstimate IP Talks – Wednesday 1:30pm : Explores the lifecycle of the IP and what is needed at each stage in the lifecycle.
Throughout DAC they will be running a daily giveaway of a Pebble SmartWatch to a random person seen with their DAC button (above). The buttons can be collected at the Methodics booth (#1407).Methodics delivers state-of-the-art semiconductor data management (DM) and IP Lifecycle management for analog, digital and SoC design teams. Methodics clients for analog and digital designers integrate natively making capabilities seamless to users. Building our solutions on top of standard Subversion and Perforce infrastructure ensures data is safe, always available, and that the tools can take advantage of the latest advancements from the software configuration management community. Methodics highly scalable and industry proven solutions are ideal for small specialized IP design teams, as well as large multinational, multisite, SoC design teams.