Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys technology is at the heart of innovations that are changing the way we work and play. Autonomous vehicles. Artificial intelligence. The cloud. 5G. These breakthroughs are ushering in the era of Smart, Secure Everything―where devices are getting smarter, everything’s connected, and everything must be secure.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the VP Corporate Controller will lead the Company’s worldwide corporate accounting and Financial reporting functions. This role will be responsible for designing and executing best-in-class strategies, accounting processes, incorporating critical thinking skills to drive operational performance, and leading Company’s focus on governance and fiduciary responsibilities.
The Controller will support the company’s various business initiatives and assure proper accounting and controls are sustained to safeguard the Company’s financial assets. This position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, preparation and filing of quarterly and annual reports to SEC (10-Ks and 10-Qs), maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of financial controls designed to mitigate risk and accuracy of company’s reported financial results in compliance with GAAP.
The Controller will serve as the senior member of the Chief Accounting Officer’s staff and will effectively collaborate with cross function teams e.g. revenue, APAC controllers, Operations, Legal and Internal and Independent Auditors. Reporting to the controller will be Director of Accounting and a team of 6 people, Director of Payroll and Stock Administration and a team of 7 people, Director of Eastern Europe, Director of Western Europe and Director of Finance Projects. This position will be in Mountain View, California (Headquarters).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead accounting, payroll, stock administration, finance projects and Europe controllership teams to help develop and scale the organization for growth
- Partner with CAO on various key strategic initiatives for the Company
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Be a resource for accounting, finance and legal teams, as well as the leadership team in advising the company on relevant accounting guidance
- Collaborate with various functional areas related to SOX and IPO readiness
- Own the relationship with external auditors and be responsible for quarterly and annual audits
- Key member of the disclosure committee to ensure the Company had adequate disclosures
- Integration leader for finance and accounting groups. Partner with Tax, legal and Business development in structuring and integrating acquired companies
- Be knowledgeable about relevant domestic and international regulations and ensure compliance with reporting and accounting compliance
- Take lead and work directly with internal IT systems and resources to design, build, and implement accounting automation at scale and develop efficiency and scalability across all finance functions.
- Member of Company’s Executive Leadership Team
- Cultivate ongoing training and talent development programs to create a culture of learning and mentorship.
- Instill a culture of business partnership to ensure the corporate accounting team works seamlessly and closely across the rest of the finance organization, including FP&A, Treasury, Business Development and BU’s.
- Key liaison for deliverables to Audit Committee
The ideal candidate will have extensive prior experience as a Controller preferably in a public company or leading a large corporate accounting team in a public company. Ideally, s/he will have a proven track record of leading an accounting department for a company with $3.5 billion + in revenues and ensuring that the accounting team and functionality evolves at the pace needed to proactively manage tactical and strategic opportunities.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in a senior accounting position in a public company from a relevant industry (software or technology); significant prior experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience managing accounting and/or finance functions. Broad experience in accounting, compliance and reporting, and business intelligence tools is required.
- Experience navigating through complex technical accounting concepts in both a domestic and global setting is needed, as is a proven track record in leading technical accounting policy guidance. Must have expertise in US GAAP , and broad exposure to managing international accounting functions. An exposure to various domestic and international tax, managing hardware operations is preferred.
- Prior experience managing all aspects of the relationships with external audit firms is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional business acumen and proven success in leading and driving significant process implementations and improvements. Strong knowledge of internal controls and able to determine and recommend new changes to controls.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.