Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Unix Systems Administrator
We are looking for Unix Systems Administrator to join our team in Porto.
- Define, design and implement network communications and solution improvements using the UNIX platform
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Manage the load configuration of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks
- Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing
- Approve action requests and specify purchase requirements
- Negotiate and place orders with common carriers.
Additionally, you will be involved in SW development projects.
- Ability to multitask and high problem-solving skills
- High ability to schedule, prioritize, accomplish R&D-related activities and communicate actions and results as needed.
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Problem-solving and good communication skills.
- 5+years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Unix Systems
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, systems administration or another related area.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.