USA – California – Mountain View/Sunnyvale
Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys technology is at the heart of innovations that are changing the way we work and play. Autonomous vehicles. Artificial intelligence. The cloud. 5G. These breakthroughs are ushering in the era of Smart, Secure Everything―where devices are getting smarter, everything’s connected, and everything must be secure.
Powering this new era of digital innovation are advanced silicon chips and exponentially growing amounts of software content―all working together, smartly and securely. Synopsys is at the forefront of Smart, Secure Everything with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and verification, IP integration, and software security and quality testing. We help our customers innovate from silicon to software so they can deliver Smart, Secure Everything. If you share our passion for innovation and meet the position requirements, we want to meet you.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
Our Infrastructure library team is responsible for delivering distributed platforms for compute and data. We build distributed platforms that help our tools maximize throughput in a diversity of high-performance computing infrastructures. We are looking for an aspiring software engineer who wants to master the best technologies for parallel and distributed computing, cloud computing, and practical software engineering; who is passionate about building stuff that many others use, and who enjoys collaborating with people and helping them out.
- Perform software engineering tasks, such as build and release, workflow automation, and software integration.
- Develop software tools or utilities for platform compatibility checking, runtime environment diagnosis, and automation of data collection for large scale distributed workflows built on our platform.
- Write technical documentation, including specifications, release notes, customer facing usage documentation, online forum materials, and SDK tutorials.
- Develop distributed data storage solutions for large scale deployment within Synopsys products.
- Apply ML/AI technologies as well as practical software engineering solutions (such as design patterns, library linking and loading, or containers design) to improve distributed compute and data operations efficiency.
- 3+ years working experience as a software engineer or software developer.
- 3+ years’ experience with developing software on UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- 2+ years’ experience with software release engineering, testing automation, performance profiling and benchmarking.
- Strong experience with C/C++/Python programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking and UNIX/Linux socket programming.
- Deep knowledge and experience with open source software and software development tools (GNU, Apache, etc.).
- Strong in handling computer system level issues (memory, filesystem, networking, etc.).
- Solid understanding of Linux kernel, TCP/IP stack, Virtualization.
- Hands-on experience with grid engines (UGE/LSF, etc.), cloud computing platforms and solutions.
- Solid background in computer science fundamentals such programming language design and compilers, distributed operating systems and algorithms, and database designs.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Quick learner and a creative problem solver.
- Motivated by deadline and are result-driven.
- Follow standard and sound engineering practices.
- Produce high-quality results whether working collaboratively or independently.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.