Job ID #: 18451
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering
Department: Central Engineering – Central Technology
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
About the Role
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products. You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Systems team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading products. We are looking for hardworking and creative people with architecture design and exploration experience, and hardware development skills. Join us to contribute to the development of leading edge technology in Arm!
The role is focused on embedded and IoT use-cases, and this includes architecture development, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, engaging with product groups, working closely with engineering teams, and taking part in partner engagements.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Craft and develop systems architectures and System technologies.
- Perform architectural exploration and performance analysis.
- Understand and analyse system level architectural trade-offs between compute hardware, software, memory systems, performance and power.
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering teams to see your ideas delivered into products.
- Collaborate with business groups within Arm to strategize and define future solution requirements.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Engineering or in related fields.
- Experience and background in Digital Electronics, Computer Science and Systems architecture.
- Experience in SoC design of embedded devices. Experience using Cortex-M and Cortex-A processors will be an advantage.
- Understands the challenges involved in integrating IP and analysing system-level performance and behaviour.
- Ability to quantify and make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the overall SoC/system for embedded devices.
- Programming ability an advantage. For example, C++, Verilog/SystemVerilog, scripting.
- A strong history of thinking creatively and communicating effectively, with a practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Excellent team working skills, proactive and results focused.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.