Job ID #: 18457
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – OSS
Department: Central Engineering OSS – Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
The Arm Open Source Software (OSS) group is responsible for developing and improving the software eco-system centred around Arm’s next generations of processor technology. We enable our partners to build software on Arm IP-based systems. We develop and upstream to open source projects, providing essential reference implementations and optimizations to key software system components. We also produce validated software stacks for Arm IP-based reference platforms aimed at a variety of use cases. Our contributions range from low level firmware, through kernel enablement and optimizations, to enabling and optimizing high level workloads such as Open JDK on Arm IP, as one example
We are looking for a highly capable test engineering professional responsible for growing and managing a team working on Software QA, development tools and infrastructure.
If you are passionate about Software QA to these needs, then we want to hear from you.
Job Requirements Summary
- Building the software testing strategy for the OSS engineering group.
- Define consistent tools and processes to deliver the strategy.
- Build a strong distributed, cross-site testing team to deliver results.
- Own the existing CI, Infrastructure and Quality teams.
- Deliver tested software releases to production-ready quality standards.
Day to day activities will include:
- Design a testing system that will delivery production-ready software releases!
- Defining the software verification and validation strategy.
- Provide technical leadership in the testing field across the organization.
- Roll-out automated test workflows to provide test feedback to the teams and keep them up-to-date.
- Take ownership of testing across the development lifecycle and all the development platforms.
- Evangelise, educate and help drive a culture of quality across the engineering teams.
- Research and investigate appropriate tooling options around static testing, run-time analysis and provide recommendations and roll-out.
- Seeking support from peers and cross-site teams, and collaborate to make successful deliveries.
- Management, mentorship and career development of your team.
- Driving cross-team and cross-function testing initiatives.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Prior project experience on embedded systems software verification testing & validation testing.
- Track record of analyzing and steering test strategy in an organization spanning a wide geography.
- Experience in development and use of rigorous CI, software test frameworks and automation tools.
- We expect a professional, hardworking and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
- You will exhibit an understanding of how to rigorously test software using various techniques!
Desirable Skills & Qualities:
- You are familiar with and flexible in the use of various software development lifecycle methods including Agile.
- We value familiarity with open-source project development cycles and contribution processes.
- Security testing for embedded systems and the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL).
- Functional safety testing for safety critical systems, knowledge of ISO 26262.
- Experience with standard test design techniques – ISEB/ISTQB certification.
- Exposure to static and dynamic code analysis tools would be helpful.
- Basic understanding of computer architecture, micro-architecture concepts and assembly language – ideally for the Arm architecture and it’s ecosystem.
- Experience of taking care of customers and internal business teams.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.