Job ID #: 18454
Job Category: Technical Writing
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Partner Enablement
Department: Partner Enablement – Tech Pubs
Primary Country: India
Primary Location: Bangalore
This is an exceptional opportunity for an information developer/technical author who wants to work on ground-breaking technology for the world’s leading Intellectual Property (IP) semiconductor company. Have you demonstrated an interest in technology? Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills? Do you have a detail-orientated and pro-active approach? If yes, you could be the candidate that we are seeking to join our Bangalore-based team of information developers.
If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console, or a smart meter at home, you have already used an Arm-powered product. Over 125 Arm Powered products are shipped every second and over 35 billion Arm technology-based chips have been shipped to date, making us the world’s leading Intellectual Property (IP) semiconductor supplier.
We see a world where billions of people can connect to communicate and collaborate every day. We want to improve people’s lives by enabling access to affordable, easy to use intelligent electronic products and services that can transform the way we live and work.
We are at the heart of shaping the future of our digital world. We build and support collaborative and open relationships with leading technology companies globally. By working side-by-side with them, we design and license IP that enables them to innovate. It is Arm technology that is enhancing the lives of over six billion people connected in the world today.
The Technical Communications team is part of the Arm Sales and Partner Enablement [SPE] group. It is responsible for producing and maintaining technical content for all Arm products, including documentation, user assistance, and multimedia. Technical Communications has a presence in all of Arm’s major design centers. Members of the team come from a variety of backgrounds, and range from experienced information developers to graduates. The team operates to established, well-defined processes and standards.
- Creates and maintains structured technical content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use, and eliminates ambiguity without the loss of precision.
- Ensures that the technical content complies with corporate and Technical Communications writing standards.
- Works with the Technical Communications team lead to improve and implement processes and best practices.
- Leads and assits documentation projects, including planning, tracking, and reporting on those projects.
- Develops skills and knowledge in Arm technologies and products.
- Develops a good understanding of tools, corporate standards, procedures, and policies.
Education and qualifications:
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronics.
- Alternatively, significant technical writing/information development experience in the field of Electronics.
- 3-5 years of experienced information developer, writing for global audiences.
- Experience writing technical documentation for electronics, microprocessors, or computer hardware or software. Alternatively writing in a technology area where similar technical skills are applied.
- Fundamental knowledge of core technical communication concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of the documentation production cycle.
- Work well on your own and as part of a team.
- Interpret source information supplied by engineers and transform that information so that is easily understood by the end user.
- Good understanding of documentation planning.
- Good problem solver, with sound judgement based on your analysis of factual information.
- Manage conflicting priorities if they arise.
- Able to take the lead on small projects and tasks, and to be an active participant in larger, more complex documentation tasks.
- Good organizational skills, with fine attention to detail to monitor and continuously improve the quality of your own work.
- The ability to learn and adapt. Be flexible and pragmatic in approach.
We’d like you to have some of the following skills, however the skill we most value in you is the ability to learn and grow within the job and then use your knowledge to help your colleagues.
- The industry in which Arm operates.
- Embedded electronics.
- System-on-chip designs.
- Software and hardware engineering.
- Structured authoring.
- HTML, XML and scripting.
- Computer Architecture
- XML-based authoring tools, such as oXygen XML editor.
- Content Management System.
- Tortoise SVN.
- Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Visio.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.