Job ID #: 18449
Job Category: Applications Engineering
Employment Type: Graduates
Division: Partner Enablement
Department: Partner Enablement – Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Arm is looking for engineers to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Cambridge UK. We provide the front line technical support and training to customers worldwide, developing the latest products using ARM CPU and System Component IP.
In this role you would have a varied work and be fault finding problems with customer designs based on ARM CPU & system IP, replicating issues using simulations and test benches. Once your knowledge has established, you would be visiting customer’s sites to deliver technical training courses to their development teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs. At staff and Principal level you would be mentoring and guiding more junior members of the team, passing on your deep experience and expertise and assisting with the development of best working practice within the group. You will also be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, example source code and knowledge base articles.
Key Technical Skills & Experience
- Degree or higher in Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Proven experience using HDL such as Verilog or VDHL with tools for simulating hardware using test benches.
- working knowledge of microprocessor architectures and interconnect.
- Provide fast and accurate answers to customer questions about ARM CPU & system hardware IP
- Develop and deliver customer training courses on CPU & System IP, both on site and remotely.
- Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers.
- Perform customer SOC design reviews using ARM IP and provide functionality and optimisation recommendations.
- Create and modify web-based knowledgebase articles and application notes.
- Review documentation for hardware IP deliverables and provide improvement recommendations to the technical authors.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good listening skills
- Speaks clear and fluent English
- Enjoys working with customers and solving problems
- Has good organisational skills and is detail-oriented
- Demonstrates a positive, “can-do” attitude
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.