Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 10 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated silicon photonics test and characterization engineer, responsible for photonic device test and characterization, and providing input to PIC design and layout, photonic device design, characterization, and manufacturability. Photonic devices will range from passive waveguides, couplers, polarization splitter / rotators, to state of the art WDM, modulators, and detectors, as part of a larger integrated circuit and monolithic product solution. Role will engage across manufacturing and development.
Note: Your initial and temporary work location will be East Fishkill, NY. You agree that as a condition of your initial and ongoing employment with GlobalFoundries, you must relocate to another GlobaFoundries location (TBD) by the corporately-aligned date which will be on or around December 2021. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you understand and agree that your employment will be at-will in all respects
- Report into the silicon photonics manufacturing and development organization in East Fishkill.
- Own test, characterization, and diagnostics of photonic devices in manufacturing and/or in development, working with process integration module owners and the technology leads, to modify a process flow such that devices meet requirements
- Work with supporting organizations (photonic component design, process integration, manufacturing engineering) to define and improve test coverage, quality, and cycle time.
- Contribute to the definition of photonic device test-site content to assist understanding, optimization, and manufacturing of the devices
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Master’s Degree and of PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or Related Discipline
- 0 – 3 years Relevant Experience (ex: lab experience with high speed electro-optical and RF test, wafer level probing and fiber alignment, and test automation (C++ in a Linux environment)
- Proficiency – Programming and Data Analysis (SAS, R, MatLab)
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Experience in semiconductor processing
- Experience with BER testing, eye diagrams, higher order signal constellations
- Experience in RF measurement and analysis
- Experience in manufacturing metrics and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, motivated, and self-driven
- Demonstrate ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Familiar with 5S, 8D, 6-sigma, SPC, DOE, FMEA
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.