Sr. Application Engineer responsible for providing technical support to the Custom Analog Layout team. The candidate will work closely with the technical team to address customer issues and questions, as well as support workshop and training deliveries. The position will also include providing hands on support to the Sales team for benchmarks, product demos and presentations. The candidate will work both independently and collaboratively with other team members as well as with associates in other organizations, to address customer reported issues and questions.
Position also involves:
- Providing technical product support to customers, internal and external, for Cadence’s Custom IC DFII Infrastructure, Virtuoso Schematic Editor and Virtuoso Layout.
- Documenting customer reported issues and questions, reporting and collaborating on bug and enhancement ideas to R&D and developing technical articles and other knowledge content for publication on Cadence Online Support (COS).
- Instruction of technical training to internal and external customers
- Providing assistance to customers with the adoption and deployment of Cadence tools and flows
- Working closely with R&D on tools and methodology
- Working knowledge of Cadence Custom IC Design Framework (DFII) Infrastructure, Virtuoso Schematic Editor and Cadence Virtuoso layout.
- Knowledge of circuit analysis and basic analog design with solid understanding of IC design technology, foundry process/methodology in analog layouts domain including a very good understanding of FinFet technology
- MS in EE or CE with 0-2 years’ experience or BS EE with 2-4 years’ experience
- Candidate should have strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly analyze and debug technical issues
- Strong vocabulary, communication, organizational, planning, and presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and productively with high quality output and results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be open to constant personal development and growth to meet the evolving demands of the EDA industry.
Some travel will be required and necessary.
- MS in Electrical OR Computer Engineering.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.