Website Siemens EDA
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking software development professionals to contribute to our Flow/Energy/Species (FES) program. The primary focus of the FES program, a unit within our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) division, is the development of core CFD capabilities within Siemens DI’s flagship multi-physics simulation product, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
The FES program is responsible for developing accurate, robust and efficient flow solvers for modeling complex industrial flows, such as turbomachinery, external aerodynamics, and internal combustion engines. As a program member, you will be expected to contribute to both development of new features and maintenance of existing functionality.
Your responsibility will be to ensure a well-designed, high-quality, robust implementation; efficient operation; and good scalability in our highly-parallel, client-server platform.
As an FES program member, your specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of core CFD solver components in Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Supporting maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.).
- Design and development of new features based on requests from both product management and internal strategic initiatives.
- Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology.
- Supporting other developers through design discussion and code review.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or physical science discipline, ideally focusing on novel schemes for fast simulation,
- 2 years’ experience in commercial CFD software development, or 5 years’ experience in non-commercial CFD software development.
- Expertise in implementing numerical methods for solution of the Navier-Stokes equations.
- Expertise in numerical modeling of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic applications.
- Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development.
- Expertise in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithms on heterogeneous architectures, including GPGPUs.
- Expertise in development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Expertise in areas of physical science: thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion.
- Expertise in application of CFD methods: vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines, turbomachinery.
- Experience with Java programming.
- Experience in multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens-info.com.