GREAT BRITAIN – Glasgow, GREAT BRITAIN – Great Britain
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Synopsys TCAD software solves fundamental, physical partial differential equations, such as diffusion and transport equations, to model the structural properties and electrical behavior of semiconductor devices. This deep physical approach gives TCAD simulation predictive accuracy for a broad range of technologies. Therefore, TCAD simulations are used to reduce the costly and time-consuming test wafer runs when developing and characterizing a new semiconductor device or technology.
Senior Software Developer
Does this sound like a good role for you?
You will be developing the simulation framework platform which our customers worldwide use every day for setting up numerically intensive simulation workflows, managing simulation experiments, visualizing and analyzing results.
You will design, architect, implement, test, and document new software features as well as enhance existing features and support bug fixing. You will also contribute to re-architecture, refactoring and modularizing of the existing platform.
- BSc in Computer Science or related field with 3 – 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming and software design or MSc in Computer Science or related field with 1 – 3 years of related experience
- Experience in data structures and algorithms with C/C++ or Python (Java/C#)
- Software development and debugging experience in Unix/Linux and Windows environment
- Experience in scripting with standard shell scripting languages (bash, csh, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Very good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and strong end-user focus
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Experience in design and development of complex software and distributed systems
- Experience with databases
- Experience working with worldwide cross-functional teams
- Experience in GUI design and implementation
- Experience with Web technologies
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.