The Protium Principal Solutions Engineer position is responsible for both creating and deployment of new technology and solutions for Cadence Protium FPGA Prototyping Platform.
The job function involves the following:
- Support customers and field to map ASIC designs to Protium FPGA prototyping platform
- Create new solutions for Protium FPGA prototyping platform that involve creating RTL designs for FPGA, board designs for accessories or developing advanced prototyping flows and methodologies
- Working with R&D to define and review future product capabilities
- Manage beta programs and launch of new products
- Prepare Cadence field resources for new deployments including AE training and collateral development like application notes, reference designs and demos
- Assist field and customers on root causing complex issues on Protium FPGA prototyping platform
This position requires the following experience/qualifications:
- BSEE, or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience with FPGA based hardware solutions.
- Must have excellent communication skills with both written and spoken English.
- Expert knowledge in FPGA-Based prototyping targeting multi-FPGA platforms desired.
- Deep technical expertise in FPGA design for either Altera or Xilinx products is required.
- Expertise in Design methodologies including high speed design, serial protocols and FPGA timing closure.
- Must have excellent hardware and system debug capabilities.
- RTL design knowledge using Verilog/SystemVerilog is required along with experience using RTL verification tools and flows.
- Verification experience using Cadence simulation and/or emulation products is desired.
- Programming experience with scripting languages
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.