GERMANY – Paderborn
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Synopsys’ Optical Solutions Group is a leading developer of optical design and analysis tools that model all aspects of light propagation, enabling users to produce accurate virtual prototypes leading to manufacturable optical systems.
Senior CAD Software Developer
Does this sound like a good role for you?
The purpose of the position is to provide innovative software development solutions on the CATIA 3DExperience/CAA V5 platform while maintaining and expanding a scalable architecture for our flagship automotive lighting design software products
Key Responsibilities include:
- Building solutions in C++ for our optical design software tools used by leading automotive lighting companies
- Contribute to a culture of product quality through developing logical, scalable, and maintainable architecture.
- Promote on-going practices of code refactoring, code reviews, unit testing, and regression test case creation and monitoring
- Work with developers, testers, and customer representatives in an agile environment to create innovative illumination software solutions to tackle cutting edge problems
- 5+ years’ experience as a top performing technical software developer with an aptitude and passion of writing technical application software
- 5+ years’ experience writing software within a major CAD platform such as CATIA 3DExperience/CAA V5 (preferred), Solidworks, CREO or NX
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Strong command of all aspects of Object Oriented Design, modern C++, and Software engineering techniques
- Successful track record of developing commercial quality software products and shipping production ready software for large code bases
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of optics or the automotive lighting industry
- Experience with multithreaded software and debugging such applications
- Experience with solid modeling kernels
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.