GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Interns to fill Facilities Engineering Intern Positions. The Maintenance and Operations Excellence team is accepting applications for a Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Student to fill this role. This position will support the ongoing operations of Facilities Systems required to support our 300mm Wafer Fabrication facility located in Malta, New York. Additionally this Intern position will ensure all Facilities Systems maintain regulatory compliance and meet all City, State, and Federal guidelines. Finally this position will lead continuous improvement initiatives required to improve equipment reliability and reduce operational costs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize all Safety and Operational Risk Control procedures to coordinate work activities support GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal for zero safety accidents and production impacts
- Assist in the development of effective Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s) for assigned equipment and systems
- Support Facilities Engineers to complete tasks required to support the maintenance excellence program. This will include data analysis on equipment Fault Coding to determine failure rates and causes.
- Support Facilities Engineers to complete projects required to support operational cost control initiatives. This will include validating vendor claims before implementation of product or processes.
- Utilize Statistical Process Control (SPC) program identify and correct operational issues before they impact production.
- Engage with various stakeholders to gather technical specifications and update various systems accordingly.
- Support additional initiatives as required to support the operations of the Fab 8 facility.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/ Chemical Engineering or similar area of study.
- Applicants will need to have completed their Sophomore year.
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter with good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Available and willing to flex work hours as needed to support emergency operational issues
- Strong computer software skills. Ability to quickly learn and navigate business applications.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.