The role of the Site Operations Specialty Gas Systems Engineering Technician is to provide technical support to maintain and enhance many vintages of specialty gas distribution equipment utilized in the Manufacturing areas. The technician will also work with the team to build, modify and debug these systems prior to release to Manufacturing. Responsibilities include system maintenance and repair (mechanical, electrical and controls), line support to customers in the fab, scheduled toxic and non-toxic cylinder changes, and performing all aspects of tool install projects. Technician must be able to coordinate system downtime requests and communicate effectively with Manufacturing; emphasis on safety and chemical hazardous and properties. This technician position may be on a hourly day shift AWS schedule or standard 5/2 day shift.
Technicians must be able to work in a team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important as weekend coverage maybe required. Experience, and or education, in facilities systems such as heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, chilled water and glycol chilled water, compressed air, chemical distribution, and control systems is desirable.
- Effective application of Engineering Disciplines and Principles
- Troubleshoot Mechanical, Electrical, or Control Systems
- Mechanical System Assembly and Dis-Assembly
- Perform all activities in safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- High School Diploma and or GED Equivalent
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Education: Associates Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Technology
- Manufacturing Operations
- Industrial Equipment Maintenance and Operations
- Chemical Handling Experience
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.