GLOBALFOUNDRIES seeks a Facilities Maintenance Technician to provide technical support to operate, maintain and enhance various types of distribution equipment utilized in the Manufacturing areas. Equipment includes chemical supply systems, chemical blending units, air emissions control systems, and related facilities equipment. Responsibilities include system maintenance and repair (mechanical, electrical and controls), line support to customers in the fab, scheduled PMs, and assist with equipment installs / upgrade projects.
Technician must be able to understand system design parameters, safety / environmental shut down scenarios, and electronic controls for each type of equipment. Knowledge of PLC operation is preferable. Job may also include some work on associated facilities equipment such as pump motors, bulk chemical distribution systems, etc. Technician must be able to coordinate system downtime requests and communicate effectively within the team and with Manufacturing.
The emphasis will be on safety, chemical properties and environmental rules and regulations. Technicians must be able to work in a team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important as weekend coverage will be required. Technician positions are hourly shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- Troubleshoot Mechanical, Electrical, or Control Systems
- Mechanical System Assembly and Dis-Assembly
- Controls Programming Skills(Optional)
- Perform all activities in safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, safety & security requirements and program
- High School Diploma and or GED Equivalent
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Education: Associates Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Technology
- Manufacturing Operations
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.