Job ID #: 18494
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Department: Client – Ecosystem & Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Game Engine Senior Engineer role
How would you feel to have your code improve over half of all mobile games by working closely with the two major game engines? At the same time gaining a deep understanding of how to optimize for the most widely used compute solutions within the mobile handset market? The mission of Arm’s Client Line of Business is to accelerate the adoption of our technology and to open new markets through partnership with our product and marketing groups.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team responsible for optimizing and improving the world’s most successful game engines for Arm technologies. You will be supported by a highly motivated team of engineers dedicated to improving the graphics backend of Unity, Unreal and other game engines for the latest graphics APIs and Arm hardware. You’ll help with technical evaluation, estimation and completion of software engineering objectives identified in collaboration with our hardware and architecture team.
Responsibilities include the following: • Identify bottlenecks in Unity and Unreal and providing solutions and proposals • Testing state of the art Unity and Unreal features on existing and new Arm hardware • Technical evaluation of proposed software optimization tasks • Task estimation, tracking and completion • Progress reporting and liaising with other remote teams
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
Experience using game engines, e.g. Unity, Unreal
• Experience developing GPU-intensive applications using OpenGL ES or Vulkan
• Strong knowledge of C/C++
• Knowledge of Arm Mali or other mobile GPU architecture
• University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
It would be helpful if you also had:
• Knowledge of the mobile software and developer landscape
• Experience of agile scrum process
• Experience with Android or Linux internals
• Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures
• Working knowledge of developing applications for mobile System on Chip platforms
• Experience of working in a collaborative, diverse and distributed team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.