Job ID #: 18496
Job Category: Software Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Development Solutions
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Manchester
We’re looking for a technical leader to join our management team in the Development Solutions Group where we have the mission to generate value for Arm by addressing the needs of developers. Further down you can read the current directors perspective on this great opportunity.
Your team provides the vital debug tooling step in the workflow for our customers working on exciting new silicon projects from smart phones to automated cars.
The successful engineering director shall be responsible for the sustainable delivery of the Arm Development Studio and the 30+ person team. You can read more about Arm Development Studio here:
This is not a hands-on technical role, but you would need to gain a technical understanding of the technologies and be able to coordinate the right technical discussions. It is expected the director is hands-on in owning and helping solve operational and people problems for the team.
You will report into the Senior Engineering Director accountable for multiple tooling projects and a 100-person department. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself to potentially succeed in Senior Director role.
be expected to deliver value in the wider organisation outside of the day to day engineering director accountability.
What will I be accountable for?
- Leading the 30+ cross site engineering team to successfully deliver by providing an effective strategy and an organisational framework.
- Happy stakeholders e.g. healthy working relationships with Product Management, Project Management and internal and external customers.
- Managing budgets e.g. contractors, training, travel.
- Reporting on governance metrics.
- Management, coaching and career development of your team.
The key measures of success are:
- Delivering solutions and tools sustainably and on schedule.
- Continuous improvement to the development process and people.
- High employee engagement.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone who is highly competent at and has experience in:
- Consistent track record of software delivery in a continuous improvement environment built on employee engagement.
- Making appropriate resourcing decisions to fulfil the balance of multiple stakeholders and requirements.
- Significant experience in leading large software engineering teams ideally having worked with teams in multiple geographical locations.
- Software development process excellence including e.g. issue management, source control, testing and DevOps.
- Influencing senior stakeholders and highly talented engineers.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.