Job ID #: 18507
Job Category: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Architecture & Technology
Department: Architecture & Technology – Engineering
Primary Country: USA
Primary Location: Austin (TX)
About the role
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) at Arm is responsible for developing technologies and products for Arm’s future architecture roadmap. As part of the evolution of new architecture specifications, modeling is an integral and essential element that enables evaluation of the key architecture features in terms of performance and functionality. The modeling team works alongside world class leading architects in their field to develop new models and design performance studies to evaluate and shape new architecture features.
Modern chip designs incorporate a wide range of Arm components to construct a full system, each part having an impact on the overall system performance. System models are constructed before a new product is conceived to examine the advantages of potential new architectural features. Modeling engineers define and examine new designs within a full system context prior to commitment to a product, identifying issues early is key to deliver world-class IP used in billions of products.
Do you have a deep understanding of modern system architecture and excellent programming skills? Then this job is your opportunity to achieve the biggest possible impact in the field. You will join a team tasked guiding the direction our future technology and that of hundreds of Arm’s partners. You will be part of a horizontal performance modeling team to work in a collaborative way with the architects and other vertical performance modeling teams within Arm.
What will you be accountable for?
- Engaging with CPU and System Architects on future systems within Arm
- Constructing early evaluation models for the next generation of products
- Collaborating on building and using detailed models with teams across Arm
- Building system level simulations using a range of models
- Supporting use of models and systems by performance analysis teams
- Building infrastructure for use by performance analysis engineers to enable better inspection
- Analysis of model quality, identifying issues and improving the correlation models against RTL
- Helping to define future direction of system performance modeling across Arm
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Strong computer architecture knowledge
- At least 6+ years’ experience in Performance modeling
- Prior knowledge of working on performance models like Gem5.
- SystemC/TLM experience
- Performance verification
- Conversant with Arm Architecture
- Benchmarking experience
- Performance data analysis
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.