Summary of Role:GlobalFoundries seeks an experienced Design Engineer to work with clients and internal design and development teams to design SiGe and CMOS based Power Amplifiers (PAs) cores, so to optimize the technology and modeling for such applications used by our clients.
- Engage with clients and internal design teams on PA theory, design goals, design reviews and results.
- Work closely with our leading edge RF/uWave characterization lab by defining test plans and assist them when required.
- Document designs and results. Write application notes for our client database and publish papers such as IEEE conferences.
- Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- PhD in Engineering or related Discipline
- Years of Experience: 0 – 1 Years of Relevant Experience
- Travel Requirements: < 10% of Travel
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Experience with RF/uWave Circuits including PA IC designs using Cadence or ADS design tools and simulators. This includes schematic, layouts and EM simulations. Understand source and load pull characterization.
- Experience with understanding of cellular, wifi and 5G communication requirements for PAs. Radar experience is also a plus.
- Experience with GaAs or GaN
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.