CANADA – Alberta – Calgary, CANADA – Canada, Canada – Ontario – Kanata
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Software Security and Quality business is all about building secure software—faster. That starts with our static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis so our customers can build security and quality into the DNA of their code at any stage of the software development lifecycle and across the supply chain. All while minimizing risks and maximizing speed of application development.
Senior Software Engineer – Test Automation
Is software quality and security important to you? Synopsys is taking the lead in holding the software integrity flag up high. Help us make a difference!
If you are a serious coder with a strong instinct for software testing, we want you to join our team.
This is challenging work, as you will craft code that will run against a variety of products on various platforms. You will review product designs and write code to exercise various features of products. You will use your development and troubleshooting skills to improve our test automation framework. You will use your cunning skills to find ways to cause the product to fail. And you’ll be rewarded for it.
Great Work Environment
- High-powered engineering laptop
- Modern, open concept office
- Snacks in the kitchen, regular treats, games for break time
- Fantastic team, collaborative culture
- Believer in good team processes
- Habitual user of software testing best practices and dedicated to quality
- Solid grasp of software engineering and object oriented design (BS in CS or similar preferred)
- Strong JAVA programming skills
- Adept with modern best practices, such CI/CD, code reviews, etc.
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX and Windows or Mac
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with development of web or cloud applications
- Experience using source code management tools (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience with agile project tracking tools (JIRA, Pivotal, etc.)
- Experience with database intensive applications
- Good at troubleshooting and debugging software issues
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.