CANADA – Alberta – Calgary
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Software Security and Quality business is all about building secure software—faster. That starts with our static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis so our customers can build security and quality into the DNA of their code at any stage of the software development lifecycle and across the supply chain. All while minimizing risks and maximizing speed of application development.
Software Engineer, Test Automation (JAVA, Selenium)
Help us break our products! If you are a coder with a knack for testing, we want you.
Our goal is product quality. This is challenging work, as you will create software that will run against a variety of applications on various platforms. You will work with popular development tools and automation frameworks. You will write code to exercise various features of our products. You will use your development and troubleshooting skills to improve our automation framework. You will use your cunning skills to find ways to cause the product to fail.
- Develop and maintain test automation and scripts written in Java.
- Enhance and maintain existing tools, frameworks and infrastructure as the product under test evolves.
- Plan and design automated end-to-end tests to be executed against a desktop application.
- Gather testing requirements from the product development teams and align the automated testing goals to ensure successful delivery of SIG products.
- Provide automation solutions within the organization to increase work efficiency.
What we can offer you
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonuses based on personal, business unit and company performance.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Matching RRSP contribution program.
- ESPP program.
- Monthly commute allowance.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Insurance (travel, life, short/long-term disability).
- Synopsys is a meritocracy (get rewarded based on merit—produce more, earn more).
- You will work in a newly renovated, open concept office in downtown Calgary.
- The LRT station is one block from the office.
- Foosball/ping-pong for mental breaks (and fun!).
- You will work on top of the line equipment.
- 2+ years of work experience in a test automation and/or software development role
- Strong understanding of software testing principles and a dedication to quality
- Strong Java programming skills
- Solid grasp of Computer Science and object design (BS in CS or similar preferred)
- Experience writing Java unit tests using JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Working experience with test automation frameworks (Selenium WebDriver, etc.)
- Experience working on Linux/UNIX, Windows, and Mac
- Proficient with command line tools
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with developing in or testing of IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Experience using source code management tools (Git, etc.)
- Good at troubleshooting and debugging software issues
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.