Website Siemens EDA
Mentor, a Siemens company, is the longest standing Electronic Design Automation company in the world and over the last 30 years has amassed the finest technology portfolio in the business. Our software tools span the full breadth semiconductor and electrical systems solutions including integrated circuit design and verification, PCB design & manufacturing solutions, cable harness design tools, and embedded software.
Mentor has an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be responsible for designing and implementing software products/features including writing specifications, planning, schedule estimation, and implementation keeping in mind the project timelines, objectives, and goals.
Tessent DFT solutions focus on test insertion and testability analysis not only at the gate-level but at RTL as well. As the complexity of designs keeps on increasing along with shrinking design cycles, there is a trend across the industry to push much of the DFT analysis, insertion, and validation at RTL.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of RTL and design flows along with good analytical skills and C++/Tcl programming to develop tools that will work for both RTL and gate-level designs. The candidate must also be conversant with hardware-description languages such as System Verilog and VHDL.
The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with other engineers that are part of the development, quality assurance, technical marketing, technical publications, and customer support teams to enable timely delivery of high quality products. Self-motivation, ownership of technical problems, results driven positive attitude, solid teamwork, and good communication skills are essential for success within the business unit.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or other related field.
- Software Engineering experience in C++ on Linux platform. Exposure to scripting languages such as Tcl and Python is desired.
- Good knowledge of digital logic design along with hardware description languages, such as Verilog, System Verilog, and VHDL.
- Knowledge of DFT and best known industry practices are desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of a design flow – such as test, synthesis,simulation, formal verification, and timing optimization, is necessary.
- Strong analysis, design, and problem solving skills along with object oriented programming practices.
- Attention to details and the ability to accurately estimate software tasksand delivery on schedule.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.