USA – Massachusetts – Burlington
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Software Security and Quality business is all about building secure software—faster. That starts with our static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis so our customers can build security and quality into the DNA of their code at any stage of the software development lifecycle and across the supply chain. All while minimizing risks and maximizing speed of application development.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator-Data Center/Cloud to join our team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
Synopsys is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator- Data Center/Cloud who will be responsible for providing highly complex technical support at Synopsys. This position will focus on designing complex IT infrastructure systems and technologies, with an emphasis on deploying and supporting a hybrid cloud environment. This role will work closely with R&D, engineering, and DevOps teams. You will be responsible for collaborating globally with Synopsys IT functional groups and providing leadership on efforts for various IT activities related to the Synopsys Engineering environment. The Senior Systems Engineer- Data Center will be responsible for provisioning, installation, configuration, operations, monitoring, alerting, and maintenance of systems in the data center and in GCP/AWS. If you want to be a part of a collaborative team that gets inspired by technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems adhere to our values and support our staff and engineering partners, then we would like you to join our team!
• Manage all on premise infrastructure and public cloud infrastructure
• Participate in hybrid cloud deployment to AWS and GCP
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required in VMware environment
• Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
• Adhere to operational and change management procedures
• Identify and implement process improvements, utilizing Agile and ITIL principles
• Create, maintain, document, and implement standards for server configurations, applications, and operating systems
• Record and document incident requests per the Production IT Service Desk procedure
• Resolve incidents and complete work orders in a timely and courteous manner
• Involvement in team architectural discussions working within the company at large, including non-technical stakeholders
• Working directly with key vendors to complete projects and troubleshoot issues
• Virtual Linux server installation/configuration/optimization running RedHat/CentOS & other Linux operating systems
• Troubleshooting Linux & Windows servers/workstations
• Software installations; configuration & patch management
• Develop, enhance, and maintain orchestration and automation, especially related to infrastructure as code.
• Data center infrastructure (UPS, power, cabling, cooling)
• Manage network shares and permissions and storage provisioning
• Server hardening strategies & techniques (IPTables, permissions & SELinux)
• Capable of managing multiple projects and delivering on-time results
• Define and communicate production requirements with team and stakeholders
• Participate in technology evaluations, standards and strategy committees, and continuous process improvement
• Shared 24/7 on-call responsibilities
• Ability and willingness to work some off-hour shifts with a flexible schedule in addition to on-call rotation
• Experience installing / provisioning all HP, Dell, SuperMicro, and CISCO UCS server hardware, including fabric interconnects, chassis, blades, and firmware
• Advanced understanding of networking technologies and hands on in Datacenter Operations, racking stacking of servers
• Experience with common DevOps tools such as Git, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Harness, etc.
• Experience in at least two scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, or PowerShell
• Knowledge of infrastructure services like LDAP, Active Directory, DNS, SMTP etc. Experience with service monitoring and messaging tools like Nagios, Spectrum, etc.
• Knowledge of Linux administration including file systems, databases, and security
• Experience installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux servers (on-prem and in AWS or Google Cloud)
• Hands on experience in AWS or GCP provisioning of systems, maintaining security and access management
• Docker implementation and administration experience
• Working knowledge of CI/CD tools and basic administration skills of Jira & Confluence
• Experience in troubleshooting, software configuration, and performance tuning for Linux and Windows servers
• Ability to architect solutions and management concurrent projects
• Able to work independently with limited supervision
• Familiarity with ITIL or Agile principles is preferred
• Attention to detail; works tasks to completion, taking full ownership of the outcome
• 8+ years of experience in architecting, designing, deploying, and administering virtualized infrastructure with a special emphasis on VMware vSphere
• Extensive experience in the installation, configuration, and administration of components in a complex VMware environment centered around best practices, to include vCenter, VMware Update Manager, VMware backup recovery, vRealize Operations Manager preferred
• Advanced knowledge of VMware technologies including VMware networking, VMware Distributed Switch (VDS), Port groups, vMotion, vCenter HA, and VMware storage configuration preferred
Education and Certifications
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or technology related field
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.